Befriending in Hospital : The Sapphire Service
The Sapphire Service is a new hospital and community initiative operating across older people's wards at Sandwell and City Hospitals Trust Charity. Jointly delivered by Agewell, a local social enterprise for older people and the West Bromwich African Caribbean Resource Centre, a local charity for African Caribbean and Dual Heritage individuals and families.
In partnership with the Hospital Trust staff, Sapphire aims to:
- Improve the hospital experience for older adults and their carers
- Befriend patients and support with eating and hydration if required
- Identify any barriers to getting patients back home as soon as possible
- Support and advocate for patients in the discharge planning process to reduce re-admissions
- Provide support in those early days back at home
- Signpost and help older adults and their carers to access community services in their local area which can improve their quality of life.
Look out for our friendly staff and volunteers on the wards or contact us on the number listed below:
TEL: 0121 796 9333 - Email: email@example.com
TEL: 0121 525 9177 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working in partnership with: