Diabetes Awareness Session
A free health /well-being event for everyone wanting to know more about diabetes.
- Are you or anyone you know at risk or have diabetes?
- What is diabetes and what are the four main symptoms?
- Why do some people refer to diabetes as ‘sugar’?
- What are the main complications associated with diabetes?
- What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes?
- Is there a cure for diabetes?
- Why are some ethnic groups at higher risk of developing diabetes?
Get these and other questions answered. Receive goody bags packed with information on living with, managing/controlling and preventing diabetes which is having a major impact on communities due to numerous factors. Learn the facts to make proper & informed lifestyle choices regarding physical activity and diet. Your health is your wealth so take it seriously.
The Event will be held on: WEDNESDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2019
Time: 18:30PM -21:00PM
AT: WEST BROMWICH AFRICAN CARIBBEAN RESOURCE CENTRE
The WBACRC will be working in partnership with DIABETES UK. We are pleased to announce that Tony Kelly the Diabetes UK Community Champion for the West Midlands will be presenting on aspects of managing and preventing and living with diabetes. Diabetes is a major condition which dis proportionately affects people of African Caribbean origin.This is not a medical presentation but it will focus on what individuals can do to prevent , lower risk or better manage their condition. Doors open 18.30.
The presentation will start at 19.00 SHARP to reserve your place please contact Angela Tel 0121 525 9177 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org