Latest Update 02.11.2020.
Due to the latest government announcement Club Carib has now closed it doors again to the members, staff and general public. The future of the club will remain undecided and we will do everything we can to keep you informed on what will be the outcome of the club. In the meantime please refer to the website for future updates. Thank you for your co-operation and we hope you all stay well and keep safe.
Management Team (Club Carib)
Latest Update 04.08.2020. - As you are aware the government are now allowing the re opening of pubs and bars. We have made a decision to re-open the club on Saturday 8th August 2020. We need to make sure that we have all the right requirements in place to make it a safe environment. We would like to draw your attention to the following letter:
31st July 2020
CLUB CARIB RE OPENING
We hope you are keeping safe and well, we are pleased to confirm that Club Carib will re-open on SATURDAY 8TH AUGUST 2020 and draw your attention to the following points: for the immediate period.
- Due to social distancing numbers will be limited to 30 places until further notice.
- Opening times will also be limited from 7pm – 11.30pm with background music only.
- The Club will operate on the ground floor.
- All visitors will be temperature checked and will be refused entry in line with currently public health requirements if temperatures are too high.
- Upon entry attenders must make use of the washing facilities and hand sanitiser station.
- Face coverings are required
- We have new floor spacers and messaging throughout the building to maximise your safety so please adhere to the signage and directives to protect yourself and others.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Ken James & Hyacinth Jarrett (Club Carib Directors)
Club Carib is the independent social and entertainment arm of the West Bromwich African Caribbean Resource Centre and is a separate legal entity.
How to join?
Those wishing to become members are asked to complete an application form and provide a photograph and pay an annual subscription of £36. Membership rules are in place to ensure that all get the best possible experience. Application forms are available from the Thomas Street office.
Why would you join?
Club Carib members benefit from a series of planned entertainment events including:
- Valentine’s day (mid February)
- Mother’s Day mid March
- Easter (late March or April )
- Father’s Day (June)
- Jamaican Independence (Early August) ,
- Black history Celebrations traditional African and Caribbean dress and entertainment evening last Saturday in October
- Christmas and New Year’s members parties (December)
For most events, a two tier price structure operates where members get a discounted entry price. Members also get discounts off hall hire bookings which would reduce costs of a booking. Most bookings also require a returnable deposit. Membership discounts are not transferable.
The £36 annual Membership runs from 1st January until the 31st December each year regardless of the date the member joins and represents good value at £3 per month.
In addition to all events above, each Saturday night members get a discounted entry to our music night with music supplied by popular local DJ’s playing the best in Reggae Soul Soca and RnB.