Day Care Service
Our Health & Well-Being day care service provides a stimulating environment with particular regard to, but not exclusively, the needs of our African Caribbean older people.
How it works
Once we receive a referral, we pass the details on to Sandwell Enquiry. A Social Worker or Support Planner will carry out the necessary assessment. If the person meets Adult Service's criteria, they will receive a Direct Payment or Personal Budget that will pay for our service. If you do not meet Adult Services criteria, you can purchase our service privately.
If you live in West Bromwich, Oldbury or Smethwick we can provide transport to and from our Centre.
Who is it for?
The service is for people who are aged 55+, isolated in their homes and who would benefit from social contact and befriending.
What is included?
- A free Health Assessment
- Bi-weekly health talks
- Social interaction and Befriending
- The opportunity to take part in our Extend Exercise
- Access to a variety of activities including board games, dominoes, knitting & music
- A two course meal, which is also appropriate for diabetics
- Day trips and visits to other African Caribbean organisations and Seaside destinations
We also offer practical advice and support in relation to:
- Benefits & Claims
- Funeral Arrangements
- Catering for parties and other functions
Charges apply for attendance, transport, meals and trips so please contact us for a full quote.
All our staff are Enhanced DBS checked, they also either have their Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 3 or Level 4 in Care Management qualifications. Our staff also attend regular training to learn new skills and techniques.
Our service also acts as a short break service for Carers, so they can continue working or just have time to themselves or meet friends.